Description of IMIBIC
The Maimonides Biomedical Research Institute of Cordoba, IMIBIC, located in Cordoba, southern Spain, is a partnership between the University of Cordoba and the Reina Sofia University Hospital. IMIBIC offers a multidisciplinary environment focused on results-oriented research and based on precision medicine and excellence in science. IMIBIC is accredited with the Excellence distinction from the Carlos III Spanish National Institute of Health and has the HR Excellence in Research Award of the European Commission.
The Institute is structured in research groups that cooperate in the implementation of 5 core scientific programmes:
- Active aging and Frailty
- Nutrition and endocrine and metabolic diseases
- Infectious and immunological diseases and organ transplantation
- Chronic and Inflammatory Diseases.
Our major goal is to promote biomedical innovation as a powerful engine for economic and social development. To this end, the Institute offers an active environment in which to conduct high-level scientific research. Regular seminars and research events offer the opportunity to meet with national and international speakers covering a diverse range of topics in biomedicine. IMIBIC is a young and fast growing research institution; since 2015 it operates in the brand new IMIBIC building for basic and translational research which is strategically located within the University Health Sciences Campus, next to the Reina Sofia University Hospital.
It hosts a wide variety of core facilities for researchers, including the Biomedical Research Support Units with brand new equipment and laboratories to support the technical needs of the IMIBIC community, as well as a Clinical Research Unit to support clinical trial studies. IMIBIC currently hosts over 600 researchers, of which nearly 400 combine their research activities with patient care.
- Contract type: Juan Rodés
- Position details: 4 years of postdoctoral contract, 40.500 euros of gross salary per year.
- Funding Agency: National Institute of Health Carlos III (ISCIII)
- Call: Strategic Action in Health 2018 (Acción Estratégica en Salud).
- Funding Programme: National Programme for Research Focused on Societal Challenges, of the National Plan on Scientific and Technical Research and Innovation 2013-2016
- Further information: http://www.isciii.es/ISCIII/es/contenidos/fd-investigacion/fd-financiaci...
The candidates must be in possession of a PhD in the field of health sciences and technologies, and finished or be in the last year of Rio Hortega Program.
As exception candidates could apply to this offer if they are PhD with a postdoctoral stay out of Spain with a minimum of 2 year (continued stay are required).
Applicants should check their CV against the specific eligibility conditions of the Juan Rodés call mentioned above:
You can apply to the following IMIBIC research groups:
- GC-02. Oxidative and Nitrosative Stress in Acute and Chronic Liver Disease
- GE-01. Oxidative stress and nutrition.
Selection Process: The process will consist of eligibility check an evaluation of merits of all CVs received (number and quality of publications, participation in research projects, mobility, and other merits). The best positioned candidates may be called for a personal interview in order to evaluate more precisely the skills of the candidate.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating clearly in the subject of the email the reference Postdoc2018 Juan Rodés. Deadline for sending your CV: 10th of February of 2018.
Warning: Applications that not include reference will not be considered for evaluation.
El asunto del correo debe ser "Oferta laboral Volvemos.org: Call for expression of interest: Postdoc2018 Juan Rodés (648)".